Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One Month Count Down!!!

One month from today I will be returning to Canada. I have decided to start a daily blog until the day I leave. I will put anything I think is important in them. Like things that I want to remember about Brazil etc. They are probably going to be different than my previous entries, they are going to be completely random. It will just be an inside view for you about how things are winding down for me.

So today I went and bought some keychains at "the house of culture". It is this store in a really old building. I will bring them back to Canada as souvenirs. I went there after my Jazz dance class. I also bought some "brigadeiro" which was yummy. I have to remember to bring back some "toddy" to make it. Haha you are probably lost in reading this if you don't know what any of this food is. All you have to know is that it all makes for chocolaty-goodness. lol.

School was somewhat interesting. I have stopped sleeping in class. I have learned how to harness the willpower to stay awake. It is quite impressive actually. I think it all started after the time where I accidentally fell asleep during literature where my teacher had been talking about a woman who got tortured. In my dream I was hooked up to a machine and getting electricuted. I was zapped awake, and strangely after that have not been able to drift off again. Maybe it was some psychological thing.

I watched some Billy Elliot today and helped my host brother Mateus (new Mateus, not the other Matteus) with his English. Then Filipe came and I walked with him to his English course. Gosh, a lot of English today, I didn't go to the class though. I met a boy named Lucas there. He did not believe that I was from Canada.

When I came home mamãe had returned from work. Then my Dad came and we ate some soup. Then I went on the computer. I also petted Rufus (their labrador dog) for a bit. That is about it for now. Everything is just pretty serene.

Oh yeah, I finally finished writing in my first journal that I brought here! It has 256 pages, if you can believe it!

Remember this: how some showers in Brazil will give you an electric shock when you turn them on, use a towel!

No comments: