Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nov. 6, 2008

Obama won. I knew it would happen. It is kinda a bad thing though because it goes along with that whole conspiracy thing I learned about. Hopefully it isn't real.
I was late again this morning. I am beginning to believe that it is my fault. Not that I am slow or anything, I am actually quite fast, I don't even put any make-up on. It's just that I have been late my whole life, starting at when I was first born. Heck, I even arrived here at least a month late. I think I brought the time warp with me and now it is sucking my host family into it. Hopefully it will come back with me to Canada.
When I arrived at school, Isadora and Matheus were sitting on the steps. I sat with them but they told me I could go into class. I asked Carol and Ana Flavía in class why the others were sitting out there. They said it was because they were late and weren't allowed in. They said I was an exception, I was allowed. Just like yesterday when they told me they were not allowed to wear "havaianas" flipflops but I was. I did not wear them today and marched back out into the hallway to sit. Exceptions are unfair, even if they are in my favour.
Wii-wii is asking me to write about him. He asked Ana Flavía to translate the previous sentence for him. He then asked me to say that he is "legal" -----cool. Okay, Wii-wii is very cool and nice. He says good morning (bom dia) to me everyday. It is very thoughtful of him. He reminds me of a character from the show "Recess". I cannot put my finger on exactly who.
Yesterday I went home and ate. Then I watched the News on the election and Obama winning. Then I think I layed down and drifted in and out of consciousness, feeling delirious from the heat. I woke up and sat at the computer with Matteus because the fan was there. I showed him some songs to download.
I went downstairs to get a glass of water and was singing to myself. When I walked up the stairs Matteus jumped out at me and clapped. It made me scream. Needless to say he was doubled over with laughter.
We had showers and went to church after Mãe came home. When Matteus and I were walking there, Tunico drove by and yelled, "Rose! Rose! Rose!" Matteus thought he was making dog noises and barked at him. I explained to him after that he calls me Rose (normally pronounced "Hose").
By the time we arrived at the church it was already over. Because of the whole time warp thing and all. lol. I found some bird feathers and said to Matteus, "Angels." Afterwards we went to Giraffas and a bunch of people Mãe and Pai knew showed up. I think they just showed up randomly too, there were about eight of them.
Today people asked me to sing for them again. They kept telling me to sing louder, but we were in the middle of class!
After school Mãe picked me up and I told her how I wanted snow because of how hot it is here. Then I said that Natália (her daughter on exchange in Calgary) probably wants it to be hot. This made her laugh. I heard that Calgary was hit with some snow recently, am I right?
At 6:00pm today I will go to an English school to talk with the students. Anyway, I better get off the computer soon to let Matteus onto Habbo. He is very polite about it but I'm sure he wants to check it. :)

Tchau for now

Emily

No comments: