Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nov. 4, 2008

Today I woke up at 6:20am to go to school. 20 minutes late. I got to school at about 7:15am. The day went well, during Spanish class we listened to a song so that we could write down all the lyrics. That's right, I'm in Spanish, with the teacher teaching it in Portuguese. Lol. Somehow I know the difference between the two. I can not neccessarily understand either completely though.
I was talking to Carol in front of me when all of a sudden the whole class looked at me and started saying my name. They wanted me to dance at the front with Matheus (a boy in my class, not my host brother) Tunico and Isadora danced too. I was really sweaty though because I was soooo hot. Hahah oh well, I kept trying to lead too. It was fun.
Later Carol tried to braid my hair from the bottom up but then the teacher said "Carol frente!! (front)."
After school Tunico gave me a chocolate that Izze-Amandinha had made. She makes them everyday herself and brings them to school. They have a coconut filling. Very good. I waited for Mamãe to pick me up and talked to this boy who told me he wants to go to Edmonton because of the big mall lol.
We ate; pasta, meat sauce with corn, rice, watermelon juice, and passion fruit juice. Then Pai explained to me how to get to Matteus' school because I have swimming lessons there at 5:00pm and need to walk there alone. It's not that difficult, like a three minute walk. It is my first time walking alone though so they told me not to talk to anyone. Not that I would.
Then Pai and Mamãe went back to work and Matteus went some place with his guitar, most likely youth group. I just watched some T.V while Vow walked around outside and in the kitchen.
Then I went upstairs and started reading a princess book that Fefe lent me (she is an 8 year old family friend who speaks English fluently because she lived in the U.S). Now I am about to get changed into my bikini and go to my first swim class. Probably with thirteen year olds again, considering I do alot with that age group because of Matteus and all. They are awesome though. Is it cold in Calgary? Because I am actually jealous right now, it is so HOT here!! Anyways :P.

Tchau!!!

Emily :)

1 comment:

Mannequinette said...

Wow. You sound really happy. I'm happy for you!

Have fun swimming!

PS. I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUU.

-Vanessa.