Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh no!!

Today when Pai picked me up from school he apologized for being late. I said it was no problem. He said it was because Matteus was in the hospital!! He had fallen and cut his chin open. So we went to the hospital and I had the delight of watching the doctor put needles into his chin and give him stitches. Poor guy. It is weird because two of my brothers in Canada have both gotten stitches in their chin from falling. I'm just glad Matteus is okay and that it wasn't more serious.
During school a secretary came and got me because the principal wanted to see me in her office. She talked to me about volunteering to help with the children who are 3-4 years old in pre-school. I agreed. The bell rang for break so she got up to leave. I am used to her hugging/kissing cheeks with me to say goodbye. She walked passed me and I thought she was going to say goodbye so I hugged her. She kinda patted me on the back. Awkward moment. lol. Carol and Ana FlavĂ­a almost died of laughter when I told them. They apparently thought it was funny.
After I went to the hospital with Pai to see Matteus and then bring him home, I ate and then Helena picked me up to go help with the little kids. It is funny because they speak more than me. I was reading one a story in Portuguese and she kept saying, "Speak Portuguese!!" I love little kids because they will never lie to you. Haha.
They colored, fingerpainted, and read. It started to rain really hard so we had to close all the windows. The teacher there is very nice. Then we ate lunch and this one little boy asked for some of my my bun and kept trying to drink my coke and coffee. The teacher said he loves to eat.
Afterwards they did some work in their books (drawing on the dotted line) and then danced and sang. We joined another class to dance and sing with them. We went back to the room after and it started to rain again. This one little boy standed at the door laughing at the rain. It was cute.
The teacher handed out clay, sticks, and pop bottle lids. One little girl gave me her clay so I made a cat. Next thing I new they were all handing me their clay saying "Faz para me por favor?" (make for me please, haha not sure if I spelled it right). I didn't finish making all their cats by the time Helena came.

<3 Em

1 comment:

Maeghan said...

Aww! I adore little kids. Except large busses of them at four in the morning.

You're very lucky that you get to work with them. It's sooo true that they aren't afraid to correct you. If you say something wrong they get to be the smart one.

Your experience sounds great so far, and congrats on the one month mark.

Love from Turkey.