Sunday, November 30, 2008

Festa's



Carol Nunes and I at the Formal
On Friday I went to a surprise birthday party for Carol Denise. It was awesome because I have never been to one before. There was a pool there and most people ended up in it. They had to drag me in. It was night so I was pretty cold after that. When we started to eat the cake people put it onto other people's faces. Mine included. So I was sopping wet with a cake-face. Did I mention that soon after the party I had to go to a formal graduation party for the grade ahead of me in school? It's okay, I managed to get all the cake out of my hair.
I went to the graduation party with Carol Nunes. We got there at around 11:30pm and left at 3:00am. At first it was really awkward because we didn't really talk to the kids in the other grade too much and didn't know where to sit. We sat and waited for our friends from the first grade to come. I managed to spill pop on my dress while sitting on two different occasions. Luckily it was a black dress so it blended in quite nicely.
There was a bar there and kids just went up and got drinks. Mamae had told me not to so I didn't and I am not supposed to for Rotary. I don't like to anyways so it's not a problem. When I did try a sip of my friend's drink it tasted like nail polish remover....even more incentive. Lol.
There was a Brazilian singer there who is famous in the city. Lots of people danced and my friends showed me how to dance to some music. It is funny because sometimes there will be music in English!! All the people know the words and sing to it, except I am very doubtful that they know what it means. I tried to think of popular music we have in Canada that everyone know but is in another language. All I came up with is the Macarena.
When we left Carol filled a whole plastic bag with candy because it was just sitting on a table for people to take. Everyone looked at her when she walked out lol. She is gonna bring it to school to share with people. It was about 4:00am when I finally went to sleep.
Saturday I slept in until 12:00pm!! It is the latest I have slept since I arrived here. Felipe came over later on (he also came over on Friday and we went swimming) and then we went to the festival. I saw Charles there (the other exchange student from Austrailia) I saw him earlier at the rehearsal too. He played the saxophone in one of the performances. The festival was for the English school and each group of kids had to sing a song in English accompanied by guitars etc. Matteus and his friends played "Suddenly I See". It went really well! Their band was called "Riot" so they made purple and green shirts with the name on it. They also had pompoms. So we all cheered in the audience for them REALLY loudly.
Natalia asked me if I would like to go and perform and I was kind of like, sure....but I thought that I wouldn't be allowed because I didn't go to the school. Then Natalia came back and said, "Okay, they will tell you when to go up."
So I went up and played one of my songs on guitar. I said it was for all my friends in Brazil. I was nervous but it was okay once I got up on stage. Hahahha it was fun.
Matteus just came and told me that his group came in second!! YAY!! lol.
But yeah, it was a pretty fun weekend. Now I should probably get off the computer and get dressed because I'm still in my pj's. hehe hehe.

See ya later

<3>

1 comment:

Maeghan said...

"Luckily it was a black dress so it blended in quite nicely." You crack me up! Your festas sound excellent. What did you perform at this.. thing you went to?

It's funny to hear people sing along to english songs because they don't pronounce the words quite right. And they don't have accents when they do, because they're mimicking the singer.