Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Post For My MOM


Random pic I accidentally clicked...it's of Brazil though so whatever

Matteus' friends cheering at the musical festival

A ghecko that I was awe struck by on the wall of this computer room...heheh I named him Bugsy..because he eats them :)


Sunset in Uberaba (City where my host sister Carol is going to school to be a doctor)

Hello Mom!! Okay I am making this post for you because you said I haven't been writing in my blog enough. It's just that I haven't been doing too much lately!! School ended so now I am on the equivalent of summer/Christmas holidays. I have just been hanging around the house, watching T.V, and playing guitar. Hahah just regular stuff I would do in Canada lol.
Today I woke up and there was a man trying to figure out how to fix the bed I broke. I did it by accident when I slid because of my fuzzy socks I was wearing, yep, split the leg in half. If I ever do something I make sure to give it my best. I told Mamãe that I would pay for the damage but she said not to worry about it. Still.
Then today when I was bringing dishes to the sink I broke a plate. While me and Matteus were cleaning it up I cut my finger. I really don't know why I am so clumsy but I really don't like it. My goal is to not break anything else on this exchange.
Yesterday Leo came over to practice a song on guitar with Matteus. He is the same age as me and is from A.E.C (the kind of youth group thing). He tried to teach me some stuff on guitar but I eventually just kinda gave up. For some reason I am embarrassed when I can't get it right away or when I don't know the chords, instead of just focusing on learning it.
I gave him a Canada pin and he put it on his shirt. Later I showed him videos on Youtube. There are these ones that Matteus likes where there is a man dressed up as Amy Whinehouse who goes crazy, screaming down the street hitting people/things. I have to admit that it is amusing but at the same time I feel bad that Amy has such problems and also that people make fun of her.
Matteus wanted me to show Leo "Salad Fingers" so I did. Even though it is really disturbing and my Mom told me to stop watching it because she thinks the person who created it must have something wrong with them. Sorry Mom. Lol.
It also rained really hard yesterday, as well as the past couple of days. I don't think it really rained that much today though.
Afterwards we watched some video trailors and then we sang to music. Leo put on "Breaking Free" from "High School Musical". I think it is really cute how kids here like it so much. I'm not sure if everyone does, just the people I have met. I did here it on the radio in Brasilia though!! Lol. I sang the girl part and Leo and Matteus sang the guy part. Then Leo left along with Pai's brother, his wife and their son Eduardo. Eduardo who tried to climb over the balcaony when Matteus pretended we were locked upstairs. I held on to him really tight and pulled him down. Mãe, Pai, and Carol went to sleep. Matteus and I watched a movie on T.V, then Ugly Betty and then went to sleep. I think it was 1:00am.
The Christmas tree is up, it looks really pretty. There's no snow though (obviously) so I do miss that. As much as at times I hate it when I actually have it. It is just one of those things, ya know? I hope everybody who has it is enjoying it! Although I can't complain about the weather here, I mean it's nice to not have to layer on clothes like an onion. HEHEHE Shrek; "Onion's have layers". Lmao. I love that movie.

Anyway, I will write again soon and hopefully put alot of pictures on. The reason why I don't have that many is because all I have is my camera phone, I take pics with it but I was stupid enough to leave the connecting chord in Canada. I will try to see if I can buy a new one. I am allowed to use my host family's camera though so that is good. And other people take pics too, that I can steal. HAahha kinda stupid of me to go on exchange without a real camera. But I brought a camcorder. I will eventually buy a camera though so it is all good. :P

Is that enough writing Mom? I dunno what else to write about so if you want to give me some ideas...leave a comment!! Or e-mail, or whatever. I can't believe I am actually out of stuff to write about. It's strange. I'm pretty sure something juicy will come along soon though. :)

I miss everybody!! Hugs and Jingle Bells,

Emily <3

P.S - I love you Mom

2 comments:

Maeghan said...

This is a good post! Life in Brazil. The good, the bad, and the boring. I liked reading it, even if you feel like you haven't done much. I love that there is a lizard on your wall! How did it get there? Where did it come from?
Merry Christmas, and happy holidays!
Gobble Gobble <3

Anonymous said...

Reminds me to send you your connecting cord for your phone so you can upload the pics. BUY yourself a camera! You have enough money, I just deposited another $350.00 into your account, gee Emily, go shopping! NOW! BUY A CAMERA! NOW!
(ahem) I'm done.
love and hugs,
Mom :) XXXXOOOO