Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Toucan's on my Trail

I moved host families the day after I arrived back from the Amazon. I was sad and reluctant to leave the great memories I had made with my second family but at the same time excited and ready to get to know my third. My new family is really awesome, their daughter is in Belgium on exchange. I will get to meet her when she comes back. I have another younger host brother named Mateus. He likes football (soccor) alot which is really funny to watch when his team wins and he does his happy dance.

I think about the third day after moving my parents called me outside one day to show me a toucan that was in a tree close to the house. I filmed him which allowed me to zoom up really close. He had a more colorful and brighter beak than I have ever seen on a toucan. Not that I have seen many of them but I was just comparing him to the one I saw in a Zoo in the Amazon.

Well it turns out that this toucan might have a thing for me because today at school a bunch of my classmates excitedly told me to look outside where I saw the distinctly bright-beaked toucan. I am pretty sure it was the same one.

Then when I was walking home from dance and I was coming into the house I saw him fly down and sit in a tree right beside me! I think it would be kind of too coincidental to be seeing the same toucan everywhere but I am almost sure it is. Maybe I will come back to Canada with a new pet! If of course the tiny monkeys I am gonna bring that like to eat the fruit out of the front yard trees allow for another toucan friend. Except I don't think those little furry guys would allow me to pry them away from eating their fruit, let alone stay quiet in a suitcase. But I will be curious to see, if one day in Canada I look out my window and see my multicoloured friend spying on me from a maple tree. Although I doubt that toucans can fly that far.

1 comment:

Maeghan said...

A toucan? Brilliant!
Hope everything is going well with the new family.
<3